Rare Ontario Agricultural College Presentation Piece Souvenir Building Bookends. Two matching bookends. From an online source: These bronze bookends are a presentation piece commemorates the 42nd annual meeting of The American Dairy Science Association held at the War Memorial Hall of the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, on Tuesday, June 24, 1947. The American Dairy Science Association (ADSA) is an international organization of educators, scientists, and industry representatives who are committed to advancing the dairy industry and keenly aware of the vital role the dairy sciences play in fulfilling the economic, nutritive, and health requirements of the world's population. Together, ADSA members have discovered new methods and technologies that have revolutionized the dairy industry. Established in 1874, the Ontario Agricultural College is a founding college of the University of Guelph and is recognized as Canada's largest and most renowned agricultural college. Encompassing a province-wide network of campuses, field stations and research facilities, OAC is a global leader in education, research and service in agriculture, food, environmental sciences and rural community development. The Ontario School of Agriculture and Experimental Farm opened its doors in May, 1874, with academic oversight by the University of Toronto. To open the school the provincial agriculture ministry purchased a 550-acre farm from William Stone in the south end of Guelph. In its first year, the school enrolled 28 students. In 1880, the name was changed to the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) and Experimental Farm. OAC, together with the Ontario Veterinary College and the Macdonald Institute form the nucleus of the University of Guelph when it was established in 1964. The University of Guelph is consistently ranked as one of Canada's top comprehensive universities. In 1880, the name of the institution was changed to the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) and Experimental Farm. In 1964, the University of Guelph was born through an act passed by the Government of Ontario that brought together OAC and two other colleges: Macdonald Institute, and the Ontario Veterinary College. They measure 5.75 inches tall, 4.75 inches across, with bases that are 2 1/8 inches deep. Very heavy! Excellent condition with felt on the bottoms.